BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

8 months ago today...

I was lying in my hospital bed, barely 12 hours outta surgery...my hand faithfully clutching my Morphine pump...hahaha. I really, really can't believe its already been 8 months. I remember my friend Meg coming to my hotel room the night before my surgery, and I was thinking how awesome she looked and she was 9 months out from having her scoliosis surgery. And here I am, where she was, nearly!

I am happy to report that I am totally off of all the muscle relaxers and Ambien, and the only time I take prescription pain killers are the 2 days a week that I work. Other than that, I just take OTC Ibuprofen. Actually, today I worked and I took the Ibuprofen throughout the day, and I did ok. So its kinda a big deal to me to be off all the medicine. For so long, I was either in pain with no remedy, or taking pills with no relief. So to say now that I can get through a day with just 2 Ibuprofen is a very big deal to me.

The days that I work are just hard on me because of the constant bending over, and handling the kids. And really its the top of my back, like where my neckbone is that hurts, and its like the muscles are so tight and stressed and thats what hurts. My spinal area doesn't hurt nearly at all. Its either pain above or below the fusion, which I knew would take place. But the difference in this pain and the pain before, is that I can actually control this pain with medicine and maybe a heating pad and just a little rest. Before, NOTHING I did would take the hurting away. I could take 5 pain pills, lay on my heating pad alllllll day and still hurt like the dickens. (Wow, my grandma is the one who says 'hurts like the dickens', I must be getting old!)

My granddad, who is like totally the most important man to me, my Dad is more like it...he is in the hospital right now having had a knee replacement yesterday morning. I went to see him yesterday and tonight, and its so hard to see him like that. For all of my life, even up until the day before he went in to have this surgery, he has been an ACTIVE part of my life. Always doing something...and to see him laid up, and in pain, and can't move...it's really hard. He looks so frail and helpess, which doesn't fit his name, we call him Bigdad (not BigDaddy, he's not a pimp lol) He has had a rough time the last several years with his foot issues, his shoulder and his knees, and I just pray that this surgery will bring him some relief. I am thankful though that all the stuff wrong with him are mild to severe AILMENTS and not anything life threatening.

Well, I am off to bed...I am beat!! Adios.

1 comments:

Eight31 said...

You have done AMAZING!

and I was 8 months a week after you had your surgery so you are farther than I was then ;)

I am 16 months today!!!
Plus I need to tell you something but couldn't find your digits!