BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Diapers are for babies!

I am soooo happy to report that my baby is now potty-trained! And practically overnight!

I kept trying to get her to potty, bought her some panties, got a potty chair, and a potty seat, and nothing would work! She'd watch "Potty With Elmo" over and over and nothing was sinking in. When I was gonna start working at Mothers Day Out, the director told me that she would move Lanie into the 3's (so she wouldn't be in my class) but she had to be potty-trained. Asked how I was coming along with that. And I just told her we were working on it. She told me that maybe once she see's the other kids using the restroom, she would be inspired! Well, some of the other kiddo's in my class were trotting to the potty a few times a day, and Lanie I guess saw them going on the itty-bitty toilet and she kept wanting to try. Lo and behold, she peed one day, and I jumped up and down, acting like an idiot, praising her...she was looking at me like I was a nutcase lol.

Its like as soon as she pottied and realized what she had done, with the help of her goofy mother, a light bulb went off over her head and she just GOT IT! Like, "Ohhh, so THAT'S what Mama's been talking about?!" Hahahaha. Every since then, she has told me when she needs to potty, even waking in the middle of the night to come and tell me, and she stays dry all the time! I just can't believe it. I gave the rest of my diapers to my cousin, and just bought some Pull-Ups for nighttime, and the rest of the time, she sports her little Elmo panties!

I am so glad not to have to buy diapers anymore, but then also, this means that all Lanie's babyness is gone. No more bottles, diapers, nothing. Of course, she'll always be my baby, but yeah...

Ok, well its 3:30 AM...I am going back to bed!

0 comments: