BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Here is the church, here is the steeple...

I have been doing so good about getting up on time and having fairly productive days (as much as a stay at home mom can have) but I get hit everyday around 4PM with pure sleepiness. But I can't take a nap because:
1.) My schedule would be thrown off and,
B.) The little people insist I take care of their every needs.
Anyways, today I have been going since 6:30 and around 6:00 PM, I was sitting here paying bills online and balancing my non-existent money, and I knew church was about to start in an hour, but the girls had already changed clothes and their hair was falling out of their ponytails and I was like, "Ugh - do NOT feel like messing with them", but at 6:30, I told them to get ready because we were gonna go to church!
I have so many times on Sundays and Wednesdays where I do not feel like going to church. Who doesn't want to sleep in on Sunday mornings? But 9 times out of 10, when I go, I am so happy I went.
Today was one of those days...
One of my favorite things - and proof that Jesus still works in everyday life today - is when I will be in a crabby patty mood on a Sunday morning, not wanting to go to church, but then I go and my mood just lifts and I am happy and just glad I went to church. I love that.
Well, a new class was started for young adults at our church. I was apprehensive about going. I have never really fit in at church. As a child, I was too quiet. As a teen, I was not cool enough. As an adult, life kept getting in the way and I didn't always go to church like I should, so therefore I wasn't plugged in or contributing to the church at all. UGH! I really like this class though, and I like what it represents, and getting to know the people in there has been fun too.
This might actually work!
Matt and Kylie New came up with this awesome idea and I hope to see it take off and make an impact on so many people. I admire people who come up with things like this. I am more of a follower, not a leader. So yeah...
I've already been inviting people to come with me :) This means you too, whoever is reading this, if you live here in my area ;)
God is good, all the time, and I am so thankful for being His child.
Ok well I am going to bed now, haha!

0 comments: