BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year

6 days into the new year, and nothing horrible has happened, so maybe that means that this will be a good year! 2011 wasn't too shabby either! (:

I got an email yesterday from someone who also had my surgeon, Dr. Shelokov, that changed her life as well. I can't tell you how much I enjoy hearing from people who was one of his patients, or just dealing with scoliosis, surgery or not! I lived with a crooked spine for nearly 16 years and it wasn't fun. So I can relate to non-surgery patients, and ones who have had the surgery. So if you're reading this, please don't hesitate to contact me, all the info is in my profile!!

I am still loving my job as a Mothers Day Out teacher. I work with the older two's, they love me and I love them! And I love the ladies I work with. Very blessed in that aspect!

Our Christmas was great, and my girls made a killing with all the stuff they got! Even did something different than the other 30 Christmases I've had. Since I've been born, we always stayed the night at my Nana's on Christmas Eve. Well my oldest daughter wanted to stay at our home for Christmas. I think she will find out the truth about Santa soon, and I wanted her to have at least one experience with Santa coming here rather than going to Nana's. But deep down, I was sad and knew I would feel out of place being at home. And plus, my husband was working overnight, and it was just my kids and I! So we decided we would spend the evening over at her house and come home at bedtime. But the night before Christmas Eve, it snowed, A LOT, like 5 inches. Well, we in the desert are not accustomed to driving in snow, and I am terrified of driving in it, especially since I've had my back operated on. Its not so much MY driving, its other people I worry about. So then I was thinking we couldn't go to Nana's at all that night. But I started crying just thinking about not seeing my grandparents on Christmas Eve and so my mom came and got me and drove us! It was fun...then we went home.

Every other Christmas, we had to actually wake the kids up to come and see what Santa had brought them! Well since we were at home, they were too excited and woke us up at 4:45!!!! But admittedly, it was nice spending Christmas morning at our home. We then got ready and drove to Nana's to see the rest of the family. I love my family so much and am soooooo blessed to have them!!!

This year, and from now on, I have decided to stop being around people who bring me down, are drama queens, who rob me of my joy...I am too good for that! I am starting to finally come to grips with the fact that I can't please everyone, and to stop apologizing so much! I say I am sorry all the time about things, and I also am constantly asking others if they are mad at me. I hate for people to be mad at me!! I always try to treat others like I want to be treated, but have now realized, some people just don't care how they treat you or the ones that you love.

Anyways, just wanted to write some, and also another resolution, I am gonna start writing in here more! (: Have a blessed day!!

0 comments: