BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Oh the weather outside was frightful...and other stuff...

Well...my area of the deserts of West Texas has gotten record snowfall here! We had a white Christmas for the first time since 1997, and then two days ago, we had a winter snow storm blow in and WOW! And people here aren't accustomed to snow and so you can imagine all the wrecks that happened! I worked the day that it started to snow, but I stayed home the rest of the day! I kept my oldest daughter home from school and of course, they played out in it for about 30 minutes and then came in and asked for hot chocolate, which I made, but they forgot about - haha!


And here is a picture I took while we were picking our daughter up early before the snow got really bad!


Imagine all this after the summer we had! We had a brutally dry and hot summer, and all these scary grass fires, and put on water restrictions and then a few months later, we get buried in snow! That's crazy Texas weather for you! I don't know how the Northerners deal with heavy snow all the time, but I am tired of it! :)

Today also marks 3 years since I left Odessa to head to Dallas for my surgery. My surgery was on the 15th, but I had to go a little early to do some last minute pre-op procedures. It was definitely a memorable trip down there and I think about it a lot, but especially every January 10th that comes and goes. I remember on the way to Dallas, I called and texted people to tell them I loved them just in case something happened. I remember pulling away from my Nana's house where I had just dropped off my girls, when I had to say goodbye to them - THAT was SOOOO hard. I was very confident in my surgery to come, but you still never know when something could happen. Leaving them there was the hardest thing ever...But thats all history and here I am today!

I know so many people have surgeries and its no biggie...but when you have a surgery of this magnitude, a lot of emotions come with it. Psychologically scars you in good ways, and some bad. Kinda like our lives were split with 9/11...."Oh this happened to me before 9/11, this happened a couple years after 9/11", same thing here. There was life before my surgery and after my surgery. Crazy!

My 3 year anniversary is 5 days away...

1 comments:

Evelyn said...

Hey I had scoliosis surgery too and I was wondering when you had your kids were you able to get an epidural? I did what you shouldn't and googled to find out information. Seems the popular thing was go to under anesthesia which I am not a fan of. I have had way to many surgeries 4 total (only one back related surgery though) anyways if you dont mind sharing what you went through please fill me in. Thanks Evelyn.