BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 3, 2009

I can't find my ears!

Haha...these are the words of Lanie in the doctors office today. I had to take the girls for a well check-up and to get their shots current for school. During Lanie's examination, the doctor asked Lanie if she could look into her ears. Lanie says, "But I can't find my ears!" :] It was pretty cute. Thankfully, both my girls are healthy. Kaci is 48 inches tall and weighs 62 pounds, Lanie is 38 inches tall and weighs 30 pounds (little stringbean!) Then the nurse came in to do the shots, and they did Lanie first. Kaci witnessed this, and started crying along with Lanie. Then I told Kaci she had to get up on the table for hers, and she screamed and held on to the side of the table with all her might and I had to literally drag her out of the corner! I finally got her onto the table, and they had to call another nurse in to help me hold her down. Kaci is like thrashing around on the table, and the nurse straddles her legs and I am holding her arms, and goodness, Kaci is STRONG!! In fact, she was thrashing about so much, that she didn't even realize when the nurse poked her with the needle! She was still kicking and screaming when I told her the shot was over! LoL. But still, I just absolutely hate when its time to do shots. Thats the ONLY time my kids go to the doctor is when they need their shots, they are rarely sick, so they associate the doctor with pain! And I don't know what is worse. Kaci knew as soon as we pulled into the parking lot what we were there for. And she was scared. Lanie on the other hand, was innocently talking to me, asking "Where are we?" and I tell her the doctor, and she says "Medicine for rash?"...the last time Lanie was in the doctor was because of a diaper rash I couldn't get rid of. And as I laid her on the table, Lanie was still jovially talking and cutting up, and then the needle stuck her, and you could just see it in her eyes, the second the needle went in! UGH!! I hate it, and I get teary eyed every single time!

So after that two hour fiasco, I was drained! I paid the receptionist and then I had to go home and lay on my heating pad. I think that stress makes my back hurt more, or quicker or something, because I really didn't do anything else today other than the doctor visit. And it wasn't my back that hurt, it was my side again. Anyways so we are back home now...I took the girls to Target and got them a little something for having to get a shot, and Kaci suckered me out of getting a whole outfit! I swear, that child will bankrupt us!

Tomorrow it is back to work for me. I have 11 days left of work, and then school will start and I will start my new job at Mother's Day Out. I am gonna head to bed now...g'night!

0 comments: