BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

School Days!

Well school started here yesterday and it was Kaci's first day in second grade at a new school. She'd been going to private school but we decided to put her in public school, and we will see how it turns out! This school is the same one that I went to first grade in and it hasn't changed much since I went there, its weird...that it was uhhh 21 years ago that I was there! I am getting so old! Ughhh but I do have to complain about their system of picking up your kid! Of course, the first couple of weeks I was gonna walk her in, and walk her out and all that because its a new school. Well, apparently they want to keep as many parents out of the school as possible. They gave us a placard at registration with a number on it, that is specially assigned to your child. After school, all the kids gather in the gym...then you pull into their little circle drive, and the teachers are standing there with walkie-talkies and when they see your number they radio it into the teachers in the gym and then your kid is called and dismissed. Well of course, there are 1,847 cars in the circle drive so if you want to walk up to get your kid, you have to stand outside the front doors and hold your placard up so they can see, and wait for them to radio your kid out, like you are at an auction for cattle! And then (after seeing me parked in the handicap spot) they tell me that it would be blocked off from now on to control traffic. UGH! They assure me that its this crazy only because its the first week of school and people are getting used to their surroundings. We shall see...

Other than that, she is doing good and I think she got a good teacher...and of course, I think she is the cutest and best dressed in her class! Haha!

Then today, Lanie started Mothers Day Out...annnnnnnd I am the teacher in her class! Yes...Lanie is one of my little kids in my class...and she is supposed to be the other teachers responsibility, but Lanie doesn't get that. She wants to sit at my table, in my lap, she doesn't like the other kids hogging my attention that is so rightfully hers...lol. And I was all trying to get her to call me Ms. Staci..and that didn't work either, so she calls me Mama and some of the kids thought that was my actual name and they were calling me Mama too! Kinda funny! But Lanie did pretty good otherwise and I had a kind of a hard time with my back...there is A LOT of bending over when it comes to twelve two year olds! But I am hoping to get in the swing of things! Anyways, I am gonna sign off now...g'night!

0 comments: