BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 15, 2008

Back home from vacation

So I didn't write yesterday...we did sooo much yesterday and when we finally got to the hotel room, I was so sore and tired that I didn't want to do anything but lay around like a slug.

Yesterday we drove to San Antonio...the first place we went was the San Antonio Zoo. We got there at around 9:45 so it wasn't THAT hot, and there was hardly anyone there. Then as time wore on, the sun broke through and it was making the humidity like really bad, with the sun beating down. So we hurried through that. Then we went to the Tower of America, went up 75 stories, looked around, then came back down. After that we went to find a parking spot so we could be close to all the stuff we wanted to do.

We park where it says Alamo Parking...ummm, yeah, we still had to walk like 5 blocks..in the heat..which for anyone would suck, but my back was already starting to hurt and everytime I inhaled, it was like someone was taking their fist and pounding it in the middle of my back. We walk past the Alamo and go to the Mirror Maze first. Kaci loved it...she had been to one at the carnival, but it was one of those rinky-dink ones...this one was awesome :] After that we went to the Louis Tusseaud's Wax Museum...I don't care how many times I go in one of these, I never get tired of the exhibits...they are just so cool and creepy to me! The one in Dallas is better than the one in San Antonio though. Kaci didn't much care for it though...go figure. Then we did some kind of 3D Tomb Rider thing where you ride in a cart and shoot things with laser guns. Kaci and Gary had to wear these Buddy Holly glasses and I just sitting there watching them, taking pictures :] Then we walked to the Buckhorn Museum and looked around in there, and after that we went to the Childrens Museum. I was so bored in there, I am not one of those moms who are dying to play with my kids and after a while, I get bored...so yeah, I guess that makes me a bad mom but who cares. :] By this time, we were starved and we wanted to take Kaci to the Rainforest Cafe. Ok, that place is neat and all, but its expensive as hell and I think the prices of their food is to cover their interior decorating bill...umm, their food isn't that great. We ordered Kaci the chicken nuggets and they come out, and they are the same Tyson brand nuggets that I made her at home. But yet they charged me $7.99 for her meal.

After we ate, we did the Riverwalk boat tour...and again, even though I have done that a hundred times, I still love it....but it was soooo hot, and you would think they could use some of that money and make some boats with better accomodations on the damn things. I mean, its ok when there aren't that many people on there, but yeah, when is that gonna happen? I HATE when I have to sit there with some guy sitting across from me, with his legs open and my knees are nestled in between. EWW. Talk about uncomfortable! Kaci fell asleep on the boatride though.

Then we left the downtown area (not even stopping at the Alamo, mind you, haha) and were about to die when we finally found the truck. UGH!! We trekked across town to a mall that had a Build-A-Bear Workshop in it and got the girls a bear. I hate that store too, and I won't say how much we shelled out for 2 stuffed animals and I didn't even buy any clothes for Lanie's bear, and Kaci's bear was a, you guessed it, was a Hannah Montana bear! Complete with an expensive stupid little outifit too.

As we are walking out the store, Gary gets a bright idea to go walk to our truck OUTSIDE, instead of having to deal with the crowds INSIDE. Uhhh, ok, yeah. Whatever Gary says, goes.
So yeah, it was the l-o-n-g way and thus further causing me to wish I could just drop dead right then and there. Finally we made it to the truck and had to get back to Austin, which is about 75 miles from San Antonio. I knew Kaci would fall asleep on the ride to the hotel, and then be full of energy when we got there, and Gary and I would be moving like zombies. Luckily though, she didn't and actually let us relax...We fell asleep by 10, which is EARLY for us.

This morning, we got up and just headed home. We made it home safely and are soooooo glad to be home. Vacation is fun and all, but like the old saying goes, "Theres no place like home!"

Laters!

0 comments: