BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Vacation Day 2

Today was a little bit more active than yesterday!

We got up and left the hotel around 8:30 this morning, and headed to San Marcos to do some shopping. Along the way, we came across Cabela's...a HUGE outdoorsmen store. And I have to say, that although I am not an 'outdoorsmen', that store was awesome. They had stuffed animals all through the store, not the cute furry little teddy bears, I am talking stuffed Grizzly bears and Polar bears and Elk and Moose and all that stuff. They also had the usual gun bar, and then beside that, they had a gun library. Inside there was mainly collector item guns. There was a gun in there that cost $32,999!!! That is more than I paid for my car! I asked why it was so much, it was just a .410 shotgun, and the guy told me that it was over 100 years old and it was handcrafted in England. He explained that here in America, the Average Joe goes hunting all the time, but back in the old days in England, hunting was a thing that only the rich folk did. On the stock, there was artwork that was not stamped onto it, but carved into the silver. It was awesome, but $32,999??!!

We left there and then we went on to San Marcos. We stopped at Wonderworld, which has a dry formation cave that you can tour. Also, an observation tower, an anti-gravity house, and a train thing where you can go feed deer. It was awesome to be underground like that...I have been to the Carlsbad Caverns, but had forgotten what it was like to be in a cave. I like the Carlsbad Caverns better though, since its a wet formation cave. Anyways, Kaci thought it was neat to be underground like that. Then we went into the anti-gravity house and Kaci was scared at first because it totally threw her off being tilted at a 30 degree angle! :] After that, we rode the little train thing and fed the deer.

Then we left to go to the factory outlets to buy school clothes. Kaci wants to dress like Hannah Montana and can't understand why I won't buy the clothes do accomplish that task. Some of the things that Kaci picks out are, umm, hideous. And I have to tell her no, and she sulks, and I tell her its for her own good, that if you go to school dressed like a clown, then you get made fun of and I am just trying to spare her the heartache :]

I bought a new camera today too, which has some pretty cool features on there, if I can figure them out :] and its a slim design so its easier to carry around when you are using it...I can't wait to start putting it to use...tomorrow :]

Tomorrow, we are going to San Antonio to the Buckhorn Museum, the Childrens Museum, the Alamo, the San Antonio Zoo, and the Tower of America...so I am sure I will have LOTS to write about tomorrow. For now though, I am going to go rest!! I really need it after all we did today!! And tomorrow will really take a toll on me!

I'll be back tomorrow!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, did you spend a butt load of money at the outlet? Poor girl, hannah montana is going to corrupt them like Britney did us. HAHAH, WRONG! I saw you sign off right as I signed on, so I'm sorry I missed you. Love ya.