BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Got a call from the doctor....

So I was talking about them changing my pain meds. I emailed Shaun, twice, and he called me back at the end of the day. He told me just to talk to my pain management doctor about how I am feeling and let him decide what he thinks is best. To explain to him that I just want to have something to comfort me until my surgery...that is less than 5 months away.

He mentioned maybe doing pain injections. I do NOT want to go that route. I don't think I could give myself shots, and I know for sure that Gary can't give them to me. So I am going to ask about either putting me on something stronger or adding pain patches. It is mainly at night when I am at my very worst. Maybe if I could stay on my regular meds, and then have a really strong pain pill at bedtime, that would help. I don't know.

So anyways, that is where we are now. I have still been trying to limit my physical stuff. Today I sat on the couch mostly. I have been intending to go to the store but since I can hardly walk, I damn sure can't carry everything in. So lucky Gary will get to help when he gets home. =] But I had to go today to get some small stuff to carry us over until he gets here. And even that was horrible. I walked all slow in the store, and then came home and unloaded the little bit that I bought. And by the time I got all settled down, I couldn't hardly breathe, and I was hurting so bad.

I was telling Gary that I really can't wait to read this blog after I have my surgery and have recovered...to see what all I dealt with and how I made it through. Thats why I am trying to write a little each day or at least every other day. And I don't care if anyone else ever reads this blog, which I would be happy if they do, but I am mainly doing this as a way to document this journey, the before and the after....for me to be like "DAMN! I made it through THAT???"

Well, its off to bed now...I will write about what the doctor says tomorrow..
Adios!

0 comments: