BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 30, 2008

I found my new best friend....

And ohhhhhh how I wish I had found her sooner!!!

Ok, so I am a dork, but I had a revelation last night, and it kinda makes me sad that I didn't think of it all these years.

I decided maybe a heating pad might help take some of the tension off my back. So last night, before I went to bed, I got it out of my dresser. I turned it on medium and let it get warmed up while I took my make-up off, my contacts out, and all that getting ready for bed stuff. I then got my book and laid down on it, and I am not even lying or exagerrating. It was as if that thing literally melted about 95% of the pain away. I could not believe it!!! I started out on the lower back, since that is where the most tension and tightness is. I let it set for 15 minutes. Then I moved it the my midddle back for 15 minutes. Then up to my upper back, where the pain never goes away, and it just felt like HEAVEN.....Seriously!!!! Then I got up to check on the girls, and I was able to sit right up in bed and get up, which is not usual for me at nighttime or first thing in the morning, or anytime that I am lying down as a matter of fact.

So while I was up, I had to call Nana and tell her the great news [[LoL]] She started to cry. She said, "I have been praying that the Lord would help you find some sort of relief until your surgery." Awwwwwwww - Nana. You gotta love her. =] I am so glad they are in my life.

Of course, the heavenly-melting-away-the-pain was just temporary, for when I started to lay down and read again, the pain started to creep up again. So I just turned the heating pad back on. I also laid on my right side [which is painful] on top of the pad, and that helped too.

I am thinking of having the heating pad sewn into a shirt, so that I can wear it all day, everyday. Hahahahahahaha - I kid, I kid! But seriously, I am gonna take it into the living room, and when I am up doing my stuff, if I start to hurt, I will take a minute to sit down and relax. Who cares if it takes me all day to wash a sink full of dishes??? LoL

I am kind of easing up on being so obsessed with keeping the house clean. I only do things in small intervals now, and its never really spotless like I would like it to be, like I have killed myself in the past to keep it. I just pick up things here and there, sit on the couch a lot, do a load of dishes, sit on the couch, wash a load of clothes, sit on the couch...needless to say, it DOES take all day for me to get anything done, and I am still in excruciating pain at the end of the night, but I thank God that I found a small and inexpensive remedy for that. My trusted heating pad =] I think I am gonna name her. Hmmm?? Any suggestions?? LoL...

When I was telling Gary, excitedly, how wonderful it felt, he asked if I wanted him to duct tape it to me....LoL....now THERE is an image. He offered to go to the store to get my some of those Icy Hot patches, to see if those help at all, and I could wear them while I am up and moving around.

Anywho, I am going to get started for the day, got a little laundry to do and stuff...I might write later...

Ta-ta!!

2 comments:

Eight31 said...

I literally lived some days wrapped up with these bad boys!
http://www.thermacare.com/products-back-hip.jsp

They saved my LIFE, I cannot believe you have never done the heat girl! You are crazy! Have Gary pick up a box of those, and walk around a day or two with them on and you'll never stop!

Anonymous said...

Hi Staci, There are heat patchs/pads you can get at the store that are for your back. They come with a velcro belt with a pocket to put the pad in. Glad you feel better!