BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Duct tape and Temper Tantrums

What a different title huh?

Hahaha...you'll find out why here in a minute what I am talking about.

Nothing too exciting happened. I stayed home and did a little bit around the house, texted Gary all day long, then went and picked Kaci up from school. After school, we went to Walmart, and I had a list of stuff to get. Well, I was gonna buy Kaci the new Barbie movie. And when she got it in her hands, she started asking if she could have the matching doll, the dress, the accessories, the toilet paper, ANYTHING that coordinated with the damn movie. Of course, my answer was no, No!, NOOO!!!! So she starts throwing a little fit, muttering under her breath about how I never let her get anything, how I am soooo mean and all that. So I took the movie from her, and said, "Guess what? You aren't getting the movie either!!" and I put it back on some random shelf. OMG, She lost it then!! She cried, and begged and pleaded with me...following me around the store with big ol' crocodile tears streaming down her face, EVERYONE was looking at us, but I did NOT care. I told her that she was drawing attention to what a spoiled crybaby she was being, and all I got in return was "Pleeeeeeease Momma!!" but I didn't give in. She probably assumed I would change my mind, and as we went to the checkout, and she knew I was done buying groceries, she started to cry even harder. I just acted like it didn't bother me, and went about checking out. We left the store, and she was fine 5 minutes later.

I was sooooo proud of myself, because it is SOO easy to give in to what your kids want, especially when they are attracting the stares of everyone in a 5 mile radius by crying. Loudly. PATHETICALLY. I am trying to explain to her that there are kids out there that don't have ANYTHING extra, some don't even have the basic necessities. And she needs to be grateful. So I hope she learned a lesson today.

So that explains the temper tantrum part of the title. Now ready for the duct tape? Maybe you thought I was going to duct tape Kaci's mouth shut...Hahaha [although it was tempting] Well, last night, I was reading and before I went to sleep for the night, I got up to check on the girls. I walk in to Lanie's room, and lo and behold, she is sleeping on her stomach, her little BARE butt up in the air. Her diaper was on the floor next to the crib. So I put another diaper on her [without waking her, I might add...GO ME!!!] and went back to sleep. This morning, she was naked again. Well, I don't have any kind of pants she can sleep in at night, all she has are blue jeans, and no one likes sleeping in blue jeans. So I decided to duct tape her diaper tabs down. I didn't have any, so that was on my list at Walmart. And to my surprise they had HOT PINK duct tape. So that is what we got!! When we got home, the kids went outside to play while I carried stuff in [UGH!] and I looked out in the backyard, and there Lanie is running around in the buff. So in the house she went, to get a new diaper, and with a strip of duct tape covering the tabs. She looked at me like Mom, WTF are you doing??? Hahahahaha.

Anyways, so now I am about to get dinner cooked and my grandparents are coming over here in a bit.. They bought a new car and want to show me, and they are gonna help me do a couple things around here...thank God, because I am needing some help and my back is already killing me. 124 days left........

Later peeps.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

staci, start pushing her to potty train NOW. Make her run around naked whenever she's home and tell her you are out of diapers. Yeah, I know its going to be hard hard on you but keep towels handy so you can wipe up the pee on the floor. You can probably get her ass potty trained pretty quick, she obviously likes to be naked.