BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Fairs and Wrestling

This morning, I went and picked the girls up from my moms house. They stayed the night over there last night. Gary and I didn't do anything last night, except for fight, which we quickly got over and everything is fine for the time being...=] We stayed up late, and then we got some late night supper at Whataburger and then we came back home and Gary went on to bed and I stayed up until about 2:30 reading =] =] I slept in, which is always nice, until about 10:45.

We came home this afternoon, and Gary watched a football game, his Houston Texas [[who lost LoL]] against the Steelers...and we decided to take Kaci to the fair. We didn't want to take Lanie, as she can't really ride anything because she is still too small, and I doubted she would have stayed in her stroller. So Tiffany [[I love her to death, she helps me so much]] came over and stayed with Lanie so we could take Kaci.

The fair has gone sooooo way downhill since I was a kid. Or maybe it was crappy then too, it was just that I was a kid and didn't know any better. Haha. Anyways, the fair here is held at the Ector County Coliseum, and then there are a bunch of barns that hold different stuff, vendors, crap like that. Used to, the coliseum was FULL of different companies and vendors and you could walk through there and pick up like a plastic bag, and each booth would give stuff away. Granted it was nothing of value...keychains, magnets, writing pads, pens and pencils, stuff like that. But to me it was really exciting to get stuff like that!! Well they don't have that anymore, they do have vendors, but not like before. So that sucks...haha. It used to just cost $5 to get in...ohhhh no, not anymore, its now $10. Then the carnival, it is $2/ticket for the rides. Each ride is at least 3 or 4, sometimes 5 tickets. Or you can buy armbands at $20 apiece. Sooooo, for me, Gary and Kaci, it costs $85 to get in, and for all of us to have arm bands. We weren't going to get armbands for Gary and I, but if we wanted to ride the ferris wheel, it would have cost $20 in tickets just to ride ONE TIME. Such a rip-off. So we bought the armbands, and I rode a few things, stuff that Gary nor Kaci would ride because they are chickens =] That is ONE thing that I need to make sure that I ask my doctor...if I can ever ride rollercoasters again!! I will be sooooo sad if that is the case, because I LOVE ROLLERCOATERS!!! I will ride anything!

Another thing that I love about the fair is getting to people-watch. I am sorry, and I hate to be mean, but, its like events like fairs and carnivals, all the weird people come out of the woodwork! I mean...Ok, its like some of these people decide, "Ok, I am going out in front of a lot of people, and I want them to STARE at me!!!" And thats exactly what happens. For instance, I see overly OVERLY large women wearing really skimpy clothes...Uhhh no. That is so not cool. I am glad you have the self confidence, but damnnnnn!! I have a chubby figure, and I wouldn't be caught dead in some of the outfits I saw tonight. Gothic freaks who try too hard. Thats another one. I love gothic people, I think they are cool, IF they know what they are doing. The ones that are trying to look like Count Dracula from Oilfield Transylvania are the ones that make me laugh. The Buckle-Bunnies. The ones who dress like they grew up on a ranch and ride horses everywhere. The ones who probably wouldn't know what a cowboy was if it bit them on the ass. Again, they just try too hard. Because I have nothing against cowboys, gangsters, preppies, goths, skaters, anything like that...IF you know how to pull it off, you know what I mean? And then the ones who look like they get ready for the day in the dark. They are wearing mismatched clothes, dirty clothes, just weird looking people...like they just stepped out of some distant mountain range in deep Arkansas or something. Ok, so I am being mean. Maybe people observe me the same way. But I TRY to look decent at all times. Just normal. But then again, these other people may think they look normal too..who knows? But I still think its funny!

So now we are back at home. We are watching wrestling that we rented on PPV. I know wrestling is so fake and a lot of the times, I just watch so that I get to make fun of them...because it can be sooooo corny. But in a lot of ways, wrestling has gotten to be like a soap opera. Drama. The reason I am watching tonight is because of Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho. Chris beat the hell out of Shawn not too long ago, and ruined his eye sight and all that. Well, so Shawn was going to retire, because they doctors advised him not to "fight" anymore. So he comes out to the ring, with his wife by his side, and announces his retirement. The fans are all crying and all this funny dramatic stuff. Then Chris comes out to the ring and tells him off, and as Shawn turns around to leave, Chris raises his fist to hit him, Shawn ducks, and Chris pegs Shawns wife right in the jaw! Ok, ok, so I know its all fake, but still, I was intrigued that they would do something so controversial. Of course, she gets up, in a daze and her lip is all swollen and supposedly, he fractured her jaw and all that. Shawn is shaking with anger...Chris comes out a couple weeks later and shows no remorse for hitting Shawns wife. But Shawn told Chris that yes, he was going to retire, but after hitting his wife, he wasn't going anywhere and wanted to fight Chris one final time. Sooooo, they drew up contracts through their lawyers saying that they would fight, but that it was unsanctioned, meaning that if one of them severely hurt or killed the other [[yeah right, like that would happen]], then they weren't held responsible...Sooo I am just sitting here waiting for THAT particular match. I could care less about all these other goons in their tight little underwears [[Well, I do like Triple H, John Cena and Randy Orton, ok so I am weird I guess!]]

Anyways...so like I've mentioned before, I am totally engrossed in this Twilight Saga Book Series, about vampires haha...well, I am beginning to wonder if maybe I should quit reading stuff that is evil...my grandmother says vampires are demonic...haha. Last night, we had left the TV in the living room on. Well, when that TV is turned off or on, it makes a little "doot-de-doot" sound. We're laying in our bed, and we hear our TV go off in the living room! We heard the little "doot-de-doo" sound! I get up and the remote is still on the couch and yep the TV is off! Ok...weird. Then today I had my iPod on its little radio dock and I had it turned up because I was all over the house getting ready and cleaning and stuff. Well, I skipped to a song I liked and then halfway through, it just skipped to the next song! So I thought it was just a glitch. I skip it to another song, and I walk away and it skips again to the next song. I put it back on the original song, and stay there for a minute, and it stayed where it was. Walked away and it skipped again. Even more weird. So maybe we have a technological ghost here? Who knows. So my grandma is like, "I wouldn't read anything else about vampires or witches or anything like that." I really don't think my house is possessed, ok? LoL. But I can't put these books down hardly when I read them, maybe they do have subliminal messages in them! LoL. I am already sad that I am halfway done almost, and don't want the story to end. I am almost done with book 2, and then I already bought book 3. Then there is book 4 and then I am done. Sad. :[

Ok, so I am gonna shut up now, I have rambled wayyy too long about pointless stuff. The kids just got out of the bath and Lanie is running around here in the buff, and I need to get her diapered up before she starts trying to mark her territory :] Goodnight people!!

0 comments: