BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Here I sit...

It's a boring Saturday afternoon, and nothing is going on today...Kaci spent the night at my grandparents house last night, so we had a little break from one child =] Then today, Tiffany took the girls swimming at her apartment. They could have stayed all day I am sure, but Tiffany was wore out. And I told her, "See, this is why I say no about stuff like this all the time, I can't do it." I am sure people wonder why I don't go out much, or why my kids aren't involved in all kinds of extra-curricular stuff...that is why. It hurts to go do anything. Well, it wasn't so bad before Lanie made her appearance =] But now that Lanie is all over God's green earth anytime we go anywhere, going anywhere now is a freakin' struggle. So that is one thing I am really looking forward to, is for the girls to be a little older, and more independent, and I am healed and can volunteer at their schools or get them in sports or something!

I have so many things that I want to do after I get better, to try and make up for the lost years...especially the last 6 years.

Anyways, I got off my train of thought...I do that easily =] Tonight, my mother is taking both girls to her house to spend the night! Yay!! Sooooo, Gary is going to teach me how to play poker...His mom bought him a poker set for Christmas one year and we never have opened it even. So we are probably gonna listen to the stereo, play poker, and just relax while the kids are gone. I think I might be the only person in the world that can't play poker...isn't that a game that everyone knows how to play? Oh well...theres a first time for everything, right?

Well, I am gonna get off here to start some supper and get the girls off to Grammie's.

Adios!

1 comments:

Eight31 said...

Watch out A is an online poker nut case lol...me I learned how to play in the back room of my old job...we hardly ever had customers so we'd play texas hold 'em for hours in the back room ...and then i found A's online poker and I even played there off and on for months when I was pregnant with L...but I haven't even played since coming here..

As for the extracurricular activities I fight through the pain and fatigue still now...did it for years before my surgery...but I never wanted it to impede on my children's lives..that's probably why I progressed so bad that last year...I was really pushing myself to be involved with my kiddos lives...it IS the most fun...like today watching my baby play soccer and get his first goal...the pride in his face was priceless...I hope that you too can experience that pride once you are no longer 'broken' ...ILYtoo!